- STP Oil Treatment for Gearboxes, a mineral oil based additive, is designed to lubricate hard-to-reach areas - including gearboxes, transmissions, differentials, back axles and steering boxes - in one easy application, allowing smoother gear changes.
- STP Oil Treatment for Gearboxes can also be used for coating clean machine parts during assembly, helping to provide anti-corrosion protection during storage, and allow start-up lubrication.
STP Oil Treatment for Gearboxes used regularly, helps:
- Reduces friction and noise
- Allows a smoother gear change
- Reduces gearbox wear and corrosion
- Removes harmful acids and deposits in the gearbox
- Is not recommended for use in automatic gearboxes (transmissions), overdrives or slip differential axles.
- Can be used in a vehicle with a back axle STP Oil Treatment for Gearboxes is also effective in steering boxes.
- Can be added to the gearbox without the need to apply new gearbox oil.
Must not be used in vehicles with a wet clutch/friction drives; the superior lubricating properties of STP Oil Treatment for Gearboxes would reduce the friction and cause the clutch to slip.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Gearbox Oils contain additives which help to fight friction and reduce wear in the gearbox. This protection can be used up and broken down by the heat and extreme pressure generated by normal driving, resulting in a sludge build-up, oil oxidation, acid formation and, eventually, excessive wear and poor performance.
- STP Oil Treatment for Gearboxes contains components typically used in the formulation of gearbox oils. It will restore these important additives, providing extra protection to the gearbox:
Viscosity Index (VI) Improver: This is typically used in the formulation of lubricants as a highly specialized ingredient which gives a heavier film of oil for superior lubrication when the oil is hot, yet allows the oil to flow freely to gearbox parts when cold. This keeps operating viscosity up, providing a better cushion to vital moving parts, and therefore reducing friction and noise, and smoothing out gear changes.
ZDDP (zinc dialkyldithiophosphate) anti-wear/anti-oxidant agent: Oxidation results in the formation of harmful deposits/acids which will attack all moving parts. This coupled with high pressures and temperatures can cause a rupture of the oil film, resulting in a loss of lubrication. In these cases ZDDP forms a chemical coating that takes over to help keep metal parts from welding or scuffing as they rub together, providing greater protection to all vital moving parts from wear caused by metal-to-metal contact. Its anti-oxidant properties work to stop or slow down the oxidation process, fighting the formation of harmful acids, while detergents and dispersants remove unwanted deposits from the gearbox, preventing them from adhering to other metal parts. STP Oil Treatment for Gearboxes greatly increases protection over that provided by oil alone: as oxidation is reduced, oil can flow freely around the gearbox, and thermal oil breakdown can be prevented
- Add the entire bottle (150 ml) into the gearbox, back axle and steering box.
Product name Oil Treatment for gearbox 150 ml
Product no ST60100
Product barkode 5020144500636
Quantity in Package 12
Number of packages in palette 84